Wow, yesterday was the end of the third quarter and today was the first day of the fourth quarter!! Today was a bit chaotic, as some of my students were still testing and therefor did only some of the work and my lessons were all out of order, which drives me crazy because I like things to go step-by-step and in order and keep the routine the same. I will be glad when it is Monday again and the rountine will be normal. I think the routine change attributed to most of the behavior issues I had this week. I cannot wait until spring break which seems like it is never going to get here because it is still six weeks away!!
We did art in my class again today but the students aren't appreciative of the art that I prepare for them. They were very confused that I made them read an article and answer questions for an art lesson. We did abstract expressionism for our theme. We learned about Jackson Pollock-my favorite artist. (Have you seen his work? It's at the SAM!) One fun fact I learned while researching the article about Jackson Pollock was that he was born in Cody, WY which is not too far from Billings. He also died in an alcohol related car crash. Yet another reason to not drink and drive-even though you make awesome paintings you still can't drink and drive. Okay, that said and done, more teaching things.
This week, until spring break are all normal days and hopefully this will curb some of the irresponsible decisions that my students have been making. I have yet to figure out why a change in the routine makes the kids go crazy. It makes me crazy when they go crazy!! I guess my job wouldn't be nearly as exciting as it is if there were no questions for me to wonder about....
No comments:
Post a Comment