I arrived in Ryegate today and my first impression of the town is "tiny." However, the superintendent is super kind and is set on making my first year as successful as possible. I did get a look at my school and it is a rectangular building with two or three rooms. Meals are communal and the living quarters for them are more like dormatories. The colony is self sufficient and they have a farm, egg business and hogs. I am excited to learn more about their culture and how I am going to fit into their daily lives.
I am in Billings now. The drive down was through a bunch of rolling hills and there are lots of angus cows out here! I even saw some sheep being herded. I thought of you, Diana, today. Till next time...
I did take that semester of sheep. :) I can't wait for you to post some pictures of your house/school, etc.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day and 1st week in Ryegate. Love, MOM
ReplyDeleteThanks for today's phone call - I want lunch delivered to my room. Homemade and delicious! Hugs and Love, MOM
ReplyDelete