Thursday, August 19, 2010
Day 2
I have just nearly completed my second day in my classroom. It is beginning to look more and more like a classroom each day. I now have two bulletin boards nearly complete and all of the curriculum on the students' desk. These students are going to be working hard all day. They go to school for almost eight hours, including German class. I had a meeting with the superintendent and the educational leader out there on the colony this morning. That went well. I found out what time my school day will begin and end. The student day will begin at 8:20 in my class and go until 3:20. They go to German school both before and after my class, totaling a lot of learning in one day. I have met a few of my students and their younger siblings. They are super curious about me and are always knocking on the door to see if I need help. I always tell them, "nope, I have to go work!" they just are so interested in me, mainly because I am so tall. There are tall women on the colony here so I think it is more of the fact that I am an outsider and I am wearing pants and flip-flops. I had the most wonderful meal on the colony today. Those women sure know how to cook. I am going to have to start running a lot when I eat their food. We had for lunch today, greenbeans (seasoned), yummy chicken wings, homemade potato chips, soup, fresh cucumbers and delicious bread (a close second to Holden). Yummmyyy....I have a lot of food in my belly right now. Tomorrow I am going to tackle the curriculum that I organized today. I locked up my teacher's manuals and am ready to go for tomorrow! Till next time...Aufwiedersehen...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love those deer - like HOlden as well as the bread.
ReplyDeleteSo, are you living in an apartment? How far are you from the colony? Have they ever hired "outsiders" before? Did you take German in school? Am I asking too many questions? ;)
ReplyDeleteHope you're having a great start to the year!
:)
Shellie