Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Little to none

I have managed to teach for two days with almost no voice.  I went to the doc on Monday and he was no help.  He told me there was nothing wrong with me. I went to the doc today who promptly told me I have a sinus infection and gave me the Z-Pack. Awesome doc. Then it was a marathon drive back to school to do some ever quick grading at the minimum.  There is always stuff to do around the classroom. My classroom very much parallels my house. There is a list of never ending projects to do and I usually don't get all of them done in a timely manner.  I however, have gotten into enough of a routine to be out of the school by six pm or so and occasionally back to the town school to enter grades in to the computer. We are still working on the discipline issues of kids not actually believing that I am serious and expect them to behave and be respectful. They keep telling me not to be grumpy and would like me to laugh some more and I would love to laugh some more and not be "grumpy."  But, their behavior tells me that I can't be easygoing and silly yet. It's always easier to be grumpy and mean before fun and silly right? (That's rhetorical) I want to get to that point and I do find that there are little bits of time during the day that I get to be just plain old me and not have to always be the stern grumpy teacher. Like tonight when the Reverend stopped by to give someone a tour.  The days seem to be getting better with more and more plusses than minuses.  I think I will try art on Friday. A nice fall art project is im my mind right now. Of course I didn't think it up, I did it one day subbing at View Ridge....thanks View Ridge! I hope my kids will love it.  I like doing simple art activities. Hopefully giving them this small dose of fun will help their behavior. We'll see. They're doing okay on their english assignments this week.  I would have like to have seen more effort but in the end I think they will improve. I've seen some creative edits and revisions already. Well, maybe a more exciting post will appear next time. There was not much to talk about and no crazy stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment